Experienced SBDM Workshops
KASC’S SBDM experienced-member workshops focus on the council’s role in increasing student achievement through the following offerings:
NOVICE REDUCTION FOR SBDM — Explore the role of the council in reducing novice performance and raising achievement for all students. Participants will engage in activities to answer the following key questions:
- Why do we need to reduce novice performance?
- What is the council expected to do?
- How does the council lead this effort?
BUDGETS FOR SCHOOL COUNCILS — This 3-hour experienced member training focuses on the decision-making areas of a school budget. Participants will learn:
- Legal requirements for budgeting
- Allocation formula for funding
- Role of the council in the area of staffing and budget cuts
- Connection between the school budget and increasing student achievement
Coming This Summer!
NEW! COUNCIL TOOLS FOR CLOSING THE DISABILITY GAP — Ready-made tools and strategies in the workshop will support councils in leading their schools to eliminate disability and opportunity gaps. Pending KDE Approval
Call our training department at 859/238-2188 or email [email protected], to schedule your SBDM Training with KASC.