Essential Science Notebook
Kentucky’s focus on better-quality science standards, instruction, and assessment provides an exciting opportunity to revamp your school’s science courses with KASC’s brand new tool!
The Essential Science Notebook provides teachers with tools and strategies to keep the focus on the classroom learning experience.
The Notebook includes:
- Engaging resources to reshape the science mindset
- Quality tools to apply Kentucky’s pilot program principles to MEANINGFUL teaching and learning
- Step-by-step structure to ensure Classroom Embedded Assessments maximize the potential of formative assessment
- Wide variety of formative assessment strategies
- Resources for teaching and learning experiences that achieve the same goals as Through Course Tasks (Kentucky’s Assessment System TCTs are available free at http://education.ky.gov/curriculum/conpro/science/Pages/Science-Assessment.aspx.)
- Quality guidelines for developing higher-level, rigorous Summative Assessments for classroom use at the end of a unit
- Quick reference information about Kentucky’s pilot Science Assessment System
Because Kentucky’s Science Assessment Pilot is in the initial stages, KASC is not providing examples of any state-designed/approved Classroom Embedded Assessments, Through Course Tasks, or State Summative Assessments. KDE will provide those samples as possible. KASC is focusing on quality teaching and learning experiences students need to master science content.
The Essential Science Notebook will be in a beta-version during Kentucky’s science pilot, so the member price is discounted to $100 per school level — elementary, middle and high school (non-member price $200).
Combined elementary and middle schools (K-6 or K-8) receive both levels for $150 members, or $250 for non-members.
All KASC products are copyrighted, priced, and sold for individual school use only and may not be shared outside your school. For pricing for multiple school or district use, please contact Nan 859-238-2188 or [email protected].
Shipping begins on March 27, 2017!