BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Delegates from member schools select board members at our annual conference. Our board includes parents, teachers, and principals from every region. The board makes decisions about the organization and KASC’s stance on policy issues.
Heather is the District Assessment Coordinator, PGES Coordinator, and SBDM Coordinator at Russell Independent Schools. She is a former principal of Russell-McDowell Intermediate School in Flatwoods, KY. Before serving as principal, she taught elementary for 12 years and has been conducting council training for the past 15. Heather has been part of the KASC board for 3 years and was elected president in 2014.
As president, Heather leads the five-member executive committee of the KASC board.
* * *
Tim is the principal of James Madison Middle School in Hopkins County. He has over 19 years of educational leadership experience. Tim joined the KASC Board in 2012 and was selected to be first vice-president in 2014.
As first vice-president, Tim takes a leading role in planning KASC’s annual conference and serves on the five-member executive committee of the KASC board.
* * *
Christy is a retired middle school counselor who worked in Lexington and continues to live there. She works as a consultant for KASC and received the association’s Vision Award in 2005.
As second vice-president, she is involved in KASC’s annual conference and serves on the five-member executive committee.
* * *
OUR PARENT DIRECTORS
- Region 1 — Vacant
- Region 2 — Te’Andra Parker, John Hardin HS
- Region 3 — Shawna Stenton, Lowe ES
- Region 4 — Carrie Epperson, Gallatin ES
- Region 5 — Andy Scott, Emma B. Ward ES
- Region 6 — Michelle E. Burke, Madison MS
- Region 7 — Joseph Aldrich, Russell MS
- Region 8 — Vacant
OUR TEACHER DIRECTORS
- Region 1 — Cassie Ipock, Providence ES
- Region 2 — Rob Miller, Meade County HS
- Region 3 — Allison Hunt, duPont Manual HS
- Region 4 — Bethany Endicott, Piner ES
- Region 5 — Hannah Scott, Woodford County MS
- Region 6 — Brooke Stansbury, London ES
- Region 7 — Denise Cook, Russell-McDowell Intermediate
- Region 8 — Dalyn Brooke Taylor, Elkhorn City ES
OUR PRINCIPAL DIRECTORS
- Region 1 — Tim Roy, James Madison MS
- Region 2 — Will T. Parker, Hardinsburg ES
- Region 3 — Ursula Wade, Olmstead Academy South
- Region 4 — Christi Jefferds, Piner ES
- Region 5 — Ellen Lyons Hoffman, George Rogers Clark HS
- Region 6 — Tracie Bottoms, Lancaster ES
- Region 7 — Heather Aldrich, Russell Independent
- Region 8 — Steven Taylor, Pike County Central HS
OUR AT-LARGE DIRECTORS
- Soraya Matthews, Kentucky School for the Deaf
- Christy Hogan, KASC Trainer
- Kelland Garland, Hebron MS
- Michael Godbey, Lincoln County HS
- Tim Hitzfield, Conner HS
- Liz Erwin, Woodlawn ES
See a map of the regions that define our board seats
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
KASC is always looking for parents, teachers, principals and others serious about the role of school councils and reaching the state’s proficiency goals to be involved in our organization. Make sure your school is a member or join individually as an associate member. Come to our annual conference. Member schools’ delegates vote on issues involving KASC, and each year members can run for open spots on our board. Find out more.
KASC PAST PRESIDENTS
The following educators have served as President of the KASC Board of Directors. We continue to recognize their contribution and service:
FAYE KING 1992-1995
CAROL LAMM 1995-1997
ROGER MARCUM 1997-1999
NELSON KELLEY 1999-2002
DAN KELLY 2002-2006
AMY RAMAGE 2006-2009
TIM HITZFIELD 2009-2014