2016 KASC Conference:
MEET THE CHALLENGE
September 13 & 14
The Galt House, Downtown Louisville
Our annual conference brings together teachers, parents and school administrators from across the state to focus on what’s working in Kentucky schools.
PRE-CONFERENCE on Monday, SEPT. 12, 2016:
EILA Credit available for Pre-Conference sessions only.
- Growth Mindset: A Game Changer for Learning (Pre-Conference) on Monday, SEPT. 12 (12:00 pm – 3:00 pm): During this 3-hour session, participants will gain an understanding of how a focus on growth mindset helps all students perform, and struggle/mistakes actually help the brain. When students focus on improvement, it can be a game changer for student success. This workshop will provide specific strategies to use in the classroom and practical ways to get buy-in from students, parents, and school staff.
- Proven Ways to Increase Achievement (Pre-Conference) on Monday, SEPT. 125 (3:30 pm – 6:30 pm) Based on the research of Eric Jensen, this 3-hour session introduces high-effect size factors that promote student achievement: growth mindset, relationships, feedback, and student engagement. These factors will be explored and strategies will be shared for school-wide impact or for individual teacher implementation. Participants will understand how these factors impact achievement and walk away with strategies to implement in their classroom/school to raise student achievement.
FULL CONFERENCE September 13 & 14, 2016:
6 hours of conference credit available for Full Conference.
- 18 DIFFERENT HIGH PREFORMING AND/OR IMPRESSIVELY IMPROVING KENTUCKY SCHOOLS gathered in one place, sharing strategies that have delivered impressive results.
- NOVICE REDUCTION sessions
- Sessions for SBDM credit for both new and experienced council members
- Bring 6 paid participants from one school to receive a discounted price plus one parent may attends free!
CONFERENCE OVERVIEW (Available in September)
CONFERENCE SESSIONS (Available in September)