Our annual conference brings together teachers, parents and school administrators from across the state to focus on what’s working in Kentucky schools.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Dr. John Hodge
Dr. John W. Hodge is president and co-founder of Urban Learning and Leadership Center (ULLC). Dr. Hodge is a former teacher, principal, army veteran, and served as Director of An Achievable Dream Academy, a high-performing, high-poverty school. At ULLC the focus is on closing achievement gaps by helping schools find solutions to their challenges and improving student learning for all. A frequent speaker for elementary, middle and high school student assemblies, his presentations are often the “spark” needed for schools in their quest to meet and exceed all expectations and implement strategies for continuous improvement. Dr. Hodge is an expert in helping schools create and sustain academic excellence. Learn more about Dr. John Hodge.
K-PREP STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (Monday, Sept. 21st, 12:00 – 3:00 pm) – K-PREP assesses student mastery of the standards, and takes participants through a toolkit which focuses on immediate and long-term strategies to improve teaching, motivate students, and implement rigorous standards. Price includes one K-PREP Toolkit per school in attendance. MEMBERS $150; NON-MEMBERS $300
PROVEN WAYS TO IMPACT STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (Monday, Sept. 21st, 3:30-6:30) — This 3-hour sessions will include an energizing focus on high-impact factors for improving student achievement based on research compiled by world-renowned educator, Eric Jensen.
MEMBERS $75; NON-MEMBERS $150
MEMBERS $200; NON-MEMBERS $400
- 18 DIFFERENT HIGH PREFORMING Kentucky Schools gathered in one place, sharing strategies that have delivered impressive results.
- SUCCESSFUL SCHOOLS sharing how to close achievement gaps
- The latest on ASSESSMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY and PROGRAM REVIEWS
- Presentations including STUDENT VOICE
- TECHNOLOGY sessions
- Specific sessions for SBDM credit for both new and experienced council members
- Bring 6 paid participants from one school for discounted price plus one parent may attend free!