THE GALT HOUSE, DOWNTOWN LOUISVILLE
Dr. Michael Corso
Chief Academic Officer for the Quaglia Institute for Student Aspirations
Dr. Corso earned his doctorate in education from Boston College. He has been an educator for over twenty-five years and has taught at every grade level, kindergarten through graduate school. He is deeply committed to the belief that students are the agents of their own learning. In his role at QISA, Dr. Corso combines research on student perceptions of schools with educational theory and the living, breathing practice of students, teachers and administrators. Learn more about Dr. Michael Corso and the Quaglia Institute for Student Aspirations.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
YOU MAY REGISTER ON SITE AT THE GALT HOUSE.
Our annual conference brings together teachers, parents and school administrators from across the state to focus on what’s working in Kentucky schools.
CONFERENCE KICK-OFF on Monday, Sept. 15th:
- Assessment Updates from KDE on Monday, Sept. 15th (5:30 pm – 7:00 pm) Rhonda Sims, from the Office of Assessment and Accountability, will share the latest information about the complete assessment and accountability system that will help teachers and councils move forward and help students achieve success. FREE with your Full Conference Registration.
PRE-CONFERENCE on Monday, SEPT. 15 (Must register for Full Conference):
- Teacher PGES Implementation Tools (Pre-Conference) on Monday, SEPT. 15 (12:00 pm – 3:00 pm) This 3-hour sessions will make implementation easier for teachers and principals, including steps for writing student growth goals, best practices for teacher performance, tools for peer observations and effective feedback, and innovative and positive ways to use student voice. MEMBERS $75; NON-MEMBERS $150
- Effective Principal Leadership for SBDM Councils (Pre-Conference) on Monday, SEPT. 15 (3:00 pm – 5:30 pm): In this 2.5 hour Pre-Conference workshop for principals only, a former district SBDM Coordinator and principal, and our SBDM attorney, will lead you through everything you need to know about SBDM law, policy, elections, meetings and assessment. Also, you will receive our KASC Principal Organizer, for free, giving you an incredible SBDM resource to refer to once the workshop has ended. Overview MEMBERS $75; NON-MEMBERS $150 (Not for SBDM Credit)
Both Pre-Conference Sessions: MEMBERS $125; NON-MEMBERS $225
FULL CONFERENCE September 16-17:
- 18 DIFFERENT HIGH PREFORMING AND/OR IMPRESSIVELY IMPROVING KENTUCKY SCHOOLS gathered in one place, sharing strategies that have delivered impressive results.
- TECHNOLOGY sessions
- STUDENT VOICES/STUDENT INITIATIVES sessions
- Specific sessions for SBDM credit for both new and experienced council members
- Bring 6 paid participants from one school for discounted price plus one parent may attend free!
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM