As an organization, our primary mission is to help not only your school council but your whole faculty stay focused on student achievement. We do this by providing council and school-wide professional development training as well as classroom products designed to help all teachers, administrators and students achieve success.
Over 800 member schools across Kentucky throughout the year receive up-to-date information, discounts (almost ½ off non-members prices) on all trainings and products, help with legal issues and practical challenges, and a larger voice in issues facing schools and councils. School membership benefits extends to all staff members and parents, as well as council members.
KASC MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Trainings: KASC develops workshops for SBDM council training, and PD for all your staff. Our trainings are written and led by experienced classroom teachers, former principals, and central office personnel.
- Products: Members receive almost half off non-member prices for all of our products, including Academic Standards Products and popular toolkits that make the work of a school council and a school staff more manageable.
- Annual Conference: Each September, we host a conference that offers council training as well as PD presentations by high-performing schools from across Kentucky.
- SBDM Agenda News: Each month school council members receive a monthly agenda that outlines the issues their councils need to address during the year to mobilize for results.
- Legislative Updates: During the legislative sessions, KASC will keep you informed of education bills and where they stand.
- Legal Service: When you have questions, KASC is available to answer your legal, best practice, and procedural questions. Just email us your questions at [email protected]. We have an attorney on staff that is well versed in SBDM law; and we are a staff of educators, parents, and council members ourselves, so we understand your concerns—and the value of having someone to call for answers. All questions are held in the strictest of confidence.
- Members Only Portal: Our Members Only website has an abundance of information and resources as well as free products available only to KASC members. You will find assessment information, teacher and parent tools, SBDM resources, and much more.
- District Membership: If all schools in a district are KASC members, then the central office receives a free district membership. The benefits for all central office staff include discounts to training workshops and conference, discounts for district licensing of products, Legislative updates, answers to legal questions, and access to the Members Only Portal.
Not sure if your school is a KASC Member? Check our updated Member’s List.